Welcome guest, please

Login with username, password and session length

News and Newsletter:

Click here to join the Charter Vanguard

Author Topic: Five Mysterious Skulls: Dare They Be Called, Human?  (Read 1672 times)

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

• perpetual
  • GW1 Member
  • Talia's Foot Kisser
Re: Five Mysterious Skulls: Dare They Be Called, Human?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 09:52:08 PM »
How dare they call themselves human! The nerve!

Definitely human! Especially the Peruvian ones - when you consider just how inbred Egyptian royalty was said to have been, it's no stretch of the imagination to see that this could have happened in other, similarly ancient, societies.
A coward thinks he'll always live
if he keeps himself from strife;
Old age leaves no rest or peace
though spears may spare his life

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 10:00:02 PM »
Quote from: "perpetual"

Definitely human! Especially the Peruvian ones - when you consider just how inbred Egyptian royalty was said to have been, it's no stretch of the imagination to see that this could have happened in other, similarly ancient, societies.
Yeah, I definitely think more of a genetic mutation of humans than a whole new species altogether, though had they continued to pass the trait... who knows? Inbreeding seems like a likely cause, but from what we know, inbreeding usually leads to more internal changes (weak immune system, genetic diseases, etc) instead of physical anomalies.

• Kalendraf
  • Vanguard
  • Legendary Champion
  • Filthy Casual
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:43:56 PM »
Horned skulls on humans are not entirely rare.  I've heard about a few cases where babies are born with short hornlike protrusions, which the doctors promptly remove somehow.  Once they are gone and the skin heals up, there's no sign that the child ever had them.

Proud owner of GWAMM & 50/50 HoM

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 10:21:39 PM »
Quote from: "perpetual"

Inbreeding has always been disallowed in Chinese societies. But we did have a female Emperor in the Tang Dynasty about 2,000 years ago. Does that count?

• drunkpuppy
  • GW1 Member
  • Ember's Lab Assistant
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 05:17:27 AM »
They look so cool!

They must have been just strange mutation. I had no idea that the horned mutation was a relatively common one! The strain caused on the neck of the Peruvian ones must have been pretty bad, as the bone mass alone must have weighed a lot. 9 feet in height? wow impressive, I guess this probably goes to furthering the ideas of those who believed in aliens walking the earth once...(see Indiana Jones and the crystal skulls for further info-joking!)

• Strider
  • Vanguard
  • Slacker's Lieutanent
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 04:04:47 AM »
Quote from: "Kalendraf"
Horned skulls on humans are not entirely rare.  I've heard about a few cases where babies are born with short hornlike protrusions, which the doctors promptly remove somehow.  Once they are gone and the skin heals up, there's no sign that the child ever had them.
My mum (now a retired Doctor) delieved a child who had two little horns once, joked with its mother about calling him Lucifer :D About a month later the baby came out of hospital and the horns were gone.  All there was left was two very small scars where they had been.  What they use is something that looks like a small sander to smooth them down.

• Kalendraf
  • Vanguard
  • Legendary Champion
  • Filthy Casual
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 02:09:02 PM »
That's one of the two versions I've heard about.  The other somewhat common version is basically 1 short nub in the middle of the forehead (almost like a unicorn, I guess).  I have a relative that was born with that, and it was promptly removed a short time later, and within a few months there was no sign of it at all.

Proud owner of GWAMM & 50/50 HoM