Welcome guest, please

Login with username, password and session length

News and Newsletter:

Click here to join the Charter Vanguard

Author Topic: Durex to recruit Indian males to be condom tester  (Read 3368 times)

Durex to recruit Indian males to be condom tester
« on: July 02, 2008, 04:44:51 AM »
http://news.indiainfo.com/2008/02/11/08 ... ester.html

Durex to recruit Indian males to be condom tester
Monday, February 11, 2008 14:54 [IST]
New Delhi: If you are above the age of 18, a male and seeking a job that combines work with pleasure, here is an unusual opening that promises a combination of both. The post of a condom tester is up for grabs as Durex, one of the world's largest condom manufacturer has announced plans to recruit Indian males above the age of 18 to test their products.

The chosen 1,000 men would be given a supply of select condoms, with which they can get to work right away, according to company officials. As the firm itself says, "After you have done full justice to the job, you have to provide Durex with feedback about product performance."

In 2007, a two-year study by Indian Council of Medical Research had concluded that condoms made according to international sizes are too large for a majority of Indian men. This led to a call for condoms of varying sizes to be made more widely available in India.

"Durex wants to ensure that its condoms are best meeting the needs of Indians and what better way to know this than to ask Indians first hand," R Srinivasan, Vice President, TTK-LIG Ltd, marketer of Durex brand in India told reporters. He adds that Durex has held similar drives in other countries and have received tremendous response.

"It is nice to get customer feedback all the time. For the same initiative in France, we received 100,000 applicants while in Germany and New Zealand we received 25,000 and 3000 respectively," says Srinivasan.

He adds, "one would expect western countries to have a high number of applications. But surprisingly, even in Malaysia we received over 6000 applications for the job. Our expectations with Indians are high."

If you are excited at the idea of this unusual job, all you have to do is to log on to http://www.durexcondomtester.co.in and fill up an online questionnaire.
The enrollment period is two months after which your application will be reviewed and you just might be among the 1,000 odd guys to be selected for the task.

What one gets in return besides the products is a gift hamper and other incentives. One lucky Condom Tester will bag the employee bonus of an all expenses paid holiday for two at a romantic getaway. Other bonus prizes include iPODs and gift vouchers. Company officials add that all Condom Testers would be provided with a certificate that endorses their participation in the programme and gives them the status of a good lover!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

• Sizz
  • Vanguard
  • YSBT's White Stallion
Re: Durex to recruit Indian males to be condom tester
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 09:21:38 AM »
This "news" sounds more like advertisement.
Sizz Darkstar

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 10:01:34 PM »
Chron always have insider "news" :P

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 10:14:38 PM »
I just thought this sounded funny.

"condoms made according to international sizes are too large for a majority of Indian men"

No offense though.

• Talia
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Champion
  • Talia.7412
    • The Charter Vanguard
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 10:23:15 PM »
This piece of news consists of two of Chron's most favorite subjects - insider joke.

• Alpha Zezima
  • Vanguard
  • Talia's Back-Rubber
  • the evil monkey
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 02:51:04 AM »
Quote from: "Chronical Song"

"condoms made according to international sizes are too large for a majority of Indian men"

This may be true i dont know but India is quite different from most countries.

India has the caste system prominently in place even in modern day. And the higher class would ( in most cases )
not degrade themselves to get tested for a study(because their families wouldnt approve). It is more likely poorer lower caste were taken for testing a promise of compensation. And poor in india = eating out of gutters, walking around without clothes not having food for days living off 2$ a day at best ect.. Starvation Air Quailty also plays a factor in the testing under those circumstances I wouldn't expect their bodies in any form to shape up to international standards like in countries like America where the homeless can make $50+ dallors a day and have clothes on their back, people coming around to have food, and decent living conditions in comparison.

I didnt really consider it that funny but heh what do i know :P I am only 16. I know i probably read into too much I am just really bored tonight :happy:

But as the medical researchers pointed out they do require a variety of sizes in India considering the size of the country and the population, with so many people the GDP per capita lowers along with quality of life. + the housing inflation in major cities like bombay and bangalore where 1 bed rooms cost more than 130,000 usd.
Zems Omega - GW1 Main - 50/50 and GWAMM
Alpha Zezima - Original GW1 - Rayner - GW2 Sylvari Necro

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 05:25:52 AM »
Alpha, I don't think those who walk around near naked and eat from gutters can fill up questioniares in English. They probably don't even know what a condom is to begin with.

And Durex and survey companies surely aren't dumb enough not to at least get into pubs and up-class areas where their potential customers are, to do a survey which they spend good money on.

• Alpha Zezima
  • Vanguard
  • Talia's Back-Rubber
  • the evil monkey
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 07:47:12 PM »
Quote from: "Chronical Song"
Alpha, I don't think those who walk around near naked and eat from gutters can fill up questioniares in English. They probably don't even know what a condom is to begin with.

And Durex and survey companies surely aren't dumb enough not to at least get into pubs and up-class areas where their potential customers are, to do a survey which they spend good money on.

My comments weren't directed at the durex company it was directed at

a two-year study by Indian Council of Medical Research

Hope that clears things up
Zems Omega - GW1 Main - 50/50 and GWAMM
Alpha Zezima - Original GW1 - Rayner - GW2 Sylvari Necro