Welcome guest, please

Login with username, password and session length

News and Newsletter:

Click here to join the Charter Vanguard

Author Topic: Just makes me sick!  (Read 1958 times)

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Atom Action! »

• mrmango
  • Vanguard
  • Talia's Toy Boy
  • I'm the MANGO.
    • Reddit account
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 12:38:42 AM »
Me too.  :cry:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by mrmango »
Guild Wars IGN: Duke Mango Of Here
Guild Wars 2: Mangonius Greywind
GMT -8

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 12:56:28 AM »
So much for justice, right?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Eziekial Stone »

• Missy
  • Vanguard
  • Ember's Microscope
  • "Mamma Charr"
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 01:24:49 AM »
Now that makes me angry. Even more so that the drunk girl's parents have hired all these lawyers to help keep her out of jail. If they were good parents, they'd have the sense to stop defending her, as she's not a baby in need of defending. If she's going to make the adult choice to purchase alcohol and drive while under the influence, then she's adult enough to face the consequences of causing a fatal accident.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Missy »
Auren Firestalker, charr thief; Rin Kaelestria, human warrior; Rivera Morninglory, sylvari mesmer; Klixxel, asura elementalist; Aquilae Silvershot, charr ranger; Rian Duskborn, sylvari necromancer; Praetor Steeledge, charr guardian; Seirja, asura engineer

• Talia
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Champion
  • Talia.7412
    • The Charter Vanguard
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 02:07:33 AM »
A little racist, no?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Talia »

• drunkpuppy
  • GW1 Member
  • Ember's Lab Assistant
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 05:42:54 AM »
This sort of thing is why I believe that the law should be free for every one, and that you should not be able to buy a lawyer to get you a better outcome, as this inevitably leads to one set of laws for the rich and another for the poor. Its disgusting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by drunkpuppy »

• Kalendraf
  • Vanguard
  • Legendary Champion
  • Filthy Casual
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 02:13:21 PM »
Fleeing from an accident scene is major no-no.  Even if they have nothing to do with the accident, it immediately makes a person look guilty by doing that.

In this particular case, it appears that both drivers were drinking prior to the crash, and both made poor judgments in their driving.  In addition, one of them even admitted to using drugs prior the accident.  In other words, both drivers appear to be at fault to some degree.  However, it appears that the justice has not been equally dealt.

Personally, I'd like to see a law enacted in the U.S. that would completely, immediately and irrevocably strip all driving rights from anyone ever found to be operating a motorized vehicle above the legal limits.  There are too many people that repeatedly drink&drive and end up harming other innocent drivers or pedestrians.  I am not certain, but I think some countries already do this.  Stiff enough penalties should prevent people from even considering such idiotic behavior.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Kalendraf »

Proud owner of GWAMM & 50/50 HoM