Welcome guest, please

Login with username, password and session length

News and Newsletter:

Click here to join the Charter Vanguard

Author Topic: Greetings and salutations.  (Read 191 times)

Greetings and salutations.
« on: June 14, 2019, 05:48:48 PM »
Thank you for the invite!

I'm J. Kenton Pierce.  J. Kenton's fine, as is just plain old "Pierce."  In my head, it's pretty much just "Pierce" courtesy to a long spell spent wearing Army green.  Either or, as you like.  I'm easy to get along with.  I'm pushing 50 and write sci-fi.  Day job is civil service, but I've worked in molecular biology, parks and rec, business, military logistics and plans, and random retail jobs.

GW handle is paynesgrey.8932

I've been a gamer since Basic Dungeons and Dragons and computer gaming since the days when dying of dysentery was on ongoing concern.  I got into GW2 fairly early, kind of bumbled in and out.  I'd say my favorite thing with GW2 is the Living World.  The events are great, and I love how the gameworld evolves with the story.  Piling on bosses is always a treat, and I love how people wade in to revive downed players or otherwise lend a hand.  That community feel was something that was hit-or-miss in most of the earlier MMO's I played.  (Evercrack, I'm looking at you.)

Re: Greetings and salutations.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 04:53:51 AM »
Welcome to CV!

• Talia
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Champion
  • Talia.7412
    • The Charter Vanguard
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 01:24:41 AM »
Thank you for the invite!

I'm J. Kenton Pierce.  J. Kenton's fine, as is just plain old "Pierce."  In my head, it's pretty much just "Pierce" courtesy to a long spell spent wearing Army green.  Either or, as you like.  I'm easy to get along with.  I'm pushing 50 and write sci-fi.  Day job is civil service, but I've worked in molecular biology, parks and rec, business, military logistics and plans, and random retail jobs.

GW handle is paynesgrey.8932

I've been a gamer since Basic Dungeons and Dragons and computer gaming since the days when dying of dysentery was on ongoing concern.  I got into GW2 fairly early, kind of bumbled in and out.  I'd say my favorite thing with GW2 is the Living World.  The events are great, and I love how the gameworld evolves with the story.  Piling on bosses is always a treat, and I love how people wade in to revive downed players or otherwise lend a hand.  That community feel was something that was hit-or-miss in most of the earlier MMO's I played.  (Evercrack, I'm looking at you.)

Welcome! Promoted to Vanguard. Hope you enjoy your stay.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 09:51:09 PM »
welcome to CV!