Welcome guest, please

Login with username, password and session length

News and Newsletter:

Click here to join the Charter Vanguard

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 719 times)

• Ralkuth
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
Hello everyone!
« on: April 22, 2019, 11:18:24 AM »
I'll follow the format just to be safe.

1) * Display Name.id (GW2 unique identifier): Ralkuth.1456
2) Nickname (how you'd like to be referred to as): You can call me Ralk, but apparently there's already another Ralk out there more original than I am.

3) Age, Profession, Country etc (anything else you'd like to let us know): 26, soon-to-be MPhil student in Biological research, Hong Kong
4) History with Guild Wars: GW2 since launch!
5) Favorite past time in GW2: I mostly do on-and-off sPvP and open world. I love watching sPvP streams and discuss/theorycraft, but practical experience with dueling and practise - not so much. So it's either winging it with zerker specs, or using monkey-proof meta specs so I can at least contribute my portion of the effort! On my best days I bounce around 1400-1500, but I don't get upset/can self-adjust when it comes to personal failures. I love rolling around in the official forums but it can be a bit too negative and opinionated sometimes, so I put in a bit of snark to create some smiles.

I'll talk a bit more if it's interesting:
I've played the usual amount of MMOs for a casual addict. Some WoW here and there, some Aion, then the memorable Warhammer Online, a bit of Blade and Soul. But, I've always come back to GW2 for the easily accessible "end game" (which to me is Open World stuff and sPvP).

Personality wise I'm usually vocally quiet but overthink a lot; hopefully this helps as I try to become a scientist! I'm never big on bad-mouthing or creating drama, so you'll see none of that from me.

The draw to sPvP for me was the friendship I had in the early days, even with a 250 ping handicap. I made a friend in the first PvP guild I joined, we were both on 2nd team and a lot less try-hard than our guild leader liked. This friend was ecstatic about his Necro and I would help him get his 150 wins early on. He wears the class title with such pride. We do all sorts of foolish things, fail, try again, or succeed in the most meme ways possible. Later on, we mixed with a bunch of avid WvWers and the stupidity intensified to such incomprehensible levels (e.g. full team of drunk Spirit Weapon Guardians, the idea was to follow the weapons around with old Tome of Courage). I still can't believe how we remember to breathe sometimes. Real life always comes first though (I stay up way too late for NA prime-time), and the fun will stay in our memory.

For Open World, I tend to take everything at my own pace - trying to solo Hero Points and help out in the HoT meta events. Mess around in map chat and derail everything. Farming tokens for the ascended stat-select jewelry, and being more Lumberjack than Commander of Tyria.

So, here I am. I hope to meet with guildies and experience more that GW2 has to offer together. I make my own goals and GW2 is a great game for that, but there is a lot that can't be done in solitude. I like to read chat and listen in on voice comms, so I'm looking forward to lots of things.

See you guildies in game!

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 11:30:00 PM by Ralkuth »

Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 09:59:28 PM »
Yay one more HK person! Welcome to CV!

• Ralkuth
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 11:29:23 PM »
Yay one more HK person! Welcome to CV!

Thank you! :D

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 11:59:02 PM »
I also specialize in "mess around map chat and derail everything". Hehehehehehehehehe

• Ralkuth
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 01:36:13 AM »
I also specialize in "mess around map chat and derail everything". Hehehehehehehehehe

Haha it can be fun! Sometimes it gets too "meaningful" so derailing is like an air freshener. "Dimtus" is my Charr Guardian.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 02:38:29 AM »
Ooh you ain't seen me in Queensdale derailing a hate speech by posing as a Russian and derailing it into a map wide Praise Vodka session!

• Ralkuth
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 02:44:12 AM »
Ooh you ain't seen me in Queensdale derailing a hate speech by posing as a Russian and derailing it into a map wide Praise Vodka session!

Mmm, must have been glorious!  8)

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 02:57:22 AM »

Mmm, must have been glorious!  8)

We should do shiat together on map chat.

• Ralkuth
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 04:47:17 AM »
We should do shiat together on map chat.

Tyria shall know true derailment with 400% more confusion about whether there is actually a decision to ask a question we can all agree on having in the first place!

???
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 04:52:55 AM by Ralkuth »

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 05:59:40 AM »
Notice that I have already derailed your application?

• Ralkuth
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 09:31:27 AM »
Notice that I have already derailed your application?

To the contrary, I think all this does is showcase my elementary skills of derailment against a master, and I daresay I wasn't doing too badly!

And yeah, I think you got me :D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:47:03 AM by Ralkuth »

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 09:19:46 PM »
Let's derail map chats together! We'll be glorious!

• Ralkuth
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 01:15:29 AM »
Let's derail map chats together! We'll be glorious!

Looks like I passed muster on the only thing that matters! See you in game :D

• Talia
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Champion
  • Talia.7412
    • The Charter Vanguard
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2019, 11:47:43 AM »
haa Ral! You sound absolutely delightful! So glad you've come on board. Welcome to CV! I've set you to Vanguard now.

• Ralkuth
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2019, 09:46:43 PM »
haa Ral! You sound absolutely delightful! So glad you've come on board. Welcome to CV! I've set you to Vanguard now.

Thank you! :D

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 10:02:05 PM »
Hou yeh!

• Ralkuth
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 09:57:26 AM »

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 10:02:41 PM »
welcome to CV!
foon ying lei lai dou CV (hope my Cantonese still can make it...)