Welcome guest, please

Login with username, password and session length

News and Newsletter:

Click here to join the Charter Vanguard

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 362 times)

• Hafwen
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
Greetings!
« on: March 28, 2019, 07:34:24 AM »
1) * Display Name.id (GW2 unique identifier): Chiharu.9724
2) Nickname (how you'd like to be referred to as): Chi or Hafwen
3) Age, Profession, Country etc (anything else you'd like to let us know): 36, Singapore
4) History with Guild Wars: Loved GW2 since late 2017, got both expansions, had to take a 6-9 month hiatus last year due to an overseas work attachment, main-ing a ranger most of the time but working on trying other professions like necromancer, guardian, warrior, mesmer for a more varied role/play style
5) Favorite past time in GW2: Any of the following - story, farming materials, occasional fractals, bounties and world boss, hoping to do some dungeons for story and gear some day, achievements
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 07:40:05 AM by Hafwen »

Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 08:05:59 AM »
Stories! Yes! Finally!

• Hafwen
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 08:37:23 AM »
Some of the story instances are tough to solo sadly. It is embarrassing to admit this but there have been times when my toon is butt naked from breaking all the armor pieces after retrying countless times to complete some of the story parts. xD

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 12:47:54 AM »
Hahaha well, the toughest for me are the JP parts of anything. I gave up on JP achievements in stories too.

• Hafwen
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 01:46:48 AM »
Ugh... JPs are still the bane of my existence. The camera angles for some of them are a potent headache inducer.

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 04:47:29 AM »
Considering my main is human and the angle already makes me give up, I do not even do JPs with my Norns and Charrs. Asuras are a bit of a relief but still no.

• Hafwen
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 09:02:14 AM »
I started with a norn. Needless to say that I don't make the jumps like 90% of the time. I still wonder till this day how people can do the hardest path for the Wintersday JP to farm those presents. Lol

• Talia
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Champion
  • Talia.7412
    • The Charter Vanguard
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 01:54:50 PM »
lol yeah I only finished the Wintersday puzzle twice. It's very frustrating.

• Hafwen
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 08:56:12 PM »
Same. It took me so long to finally figure out how to get through the last bit after all 3 paths merge together. Thanks a lot for the guild invite last night by the way Talia!

• Talia
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Champion
  • Talia.7412
    • The Charter Vanguard
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 10:30:14 PM »
Same. It took me so long to finally figure out how to get through the last bit after all 3 paths merge together. Thanks a lot for the guild invite last night by the way Talia!

You're welcome! btw If you happen to have telegram on your phone, let me know. We have a CV Singapore chat there.

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 12:01:50 AM »
I have not finished the wintersday jp even once. LOL cannot make within the time limit.

• Hafwen
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 02:08:08 AM »
Taking an asura so that you can see where your feet are when you land will help a lot. If you're feeling up to trying the JP when Wintersday is back later this year, I can take you through the easy route then Chronical Song. =)

I used to have a Telegram account and I've just revived it hehehe (account is @Ardwyad)

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 09:46:13 AM »
welcome to CV and thanks for reviving the (used to) spam king!

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 10:07:25 AM »

Spam is outdated. These days is video streaming.

• Hafwen
  • Vanguard
  • Newbie!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 09:13:56 PM »

Lol you're welcome Sword. Thanks for attending the ceremony on Saturday by the way. =)

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 04:57:58 AM »

Lol you're welcome Sword. Thanks for attending the ceremony on Saturday by the way. =)
:D