Welcome guest, please

Login with username, password and session length

News and Newsletter:

Click here to join the Charter Vanguard

Author Topic: U.S. Astronauts reveal encounters  (Read 3143 times)

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Atom Action! »

• Sizz
  • Vanguard
  • YSBT's White Stallion
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 10:53:04 PM »
You crazy Canucks and your hydroponic- uhh, wait... :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Sizz »
Sizz Darkstar

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 09:35:55 AM »
Aight, time to get that anti-alien equipment I buried in my yard.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Blood / Martyr »
That which must be endured, can be endured.

Quote from: \"Nuva\"
Blood is basically an uncensored version of myself ]

• Anonymous
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 11:22:43 AM »
HA! and everyone laughed when I bought The Amok and made it real!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

• Odysseus
  • YSBT's Talking Donkey
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 05:12:03 PM »
kinda funny that its on a canadian paper....

never even heard of it in america
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Odysseus »

• Hondy
  • Venia's Deck Swabber
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 03:27:56 AM »
I don't believe that there is any difference between the quality of a Canadian newspaper or an American one. For that matter, all media productions will show evidence that there information is correct, not matter which country it is in, there must be some kind of evidence that should prove there story correct.

I don't believe that it is bad to believe in UFOs, aliens, whatever you want to call it but I think it is awful to believe that there are government agency's that are trying to hide evidence that these things excist. If they truley did excist, what gain would a government get from hiding it. People have the right to know and if they aren't planning to invade our plannet and salvage our bones for dental floss, then we could prepare a plan in hiding civilians.

I personally don't believe in UFOs merely because we'd know if they were there. We have people that look into space twenty four hours of the day, and that isn't strictly under a career as an astrology, but as a hobby. If a flying sourcer was spotted within space, we would clearly already know.

For people that do believe, I suppose they have there reasons. I remember a long time back looking at a film that showed the corpse of an alien, I remember the dirrector saying that he doesn't care that you believe it or not, but implying that it is real.

It doesn't matter what significant evidence is provided there will be a scpetic for everything. It's not like in the modern days when you could sell a cows bone and claim it be a saints.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Hondy »
- Zoe
Hondy: You were the original inspiration! I'm going to bake you a pie, man-slave!

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 06:09:26 AM »
Hondy, I'm probably one of the biggest skeptics around. I question everything vigariously, one of my favorite and most used quotes is, "The greater the claim, the greater your skeptism should be."

I myself wouldn't believe in UFOs most likely if I hadn't seen 2 myself. Now first off, let me say I did NOT see alien, all I'm saying is I saw 2 strange objects in the sky that I couldn't simply explain. I've even asked people who would have more knowledge than me on what it might have been that I saw, and they weren't exactly sure either.

The first time, ironically enough, was in Canada on a fishing trip. I was on a boat with my brother and we both saw what looked like a large silver plane, but without the wing, fly into the only small cloud into the sky. We figured it would burst out of the cloud and look cool. Well, we waited there for almost 30 minutes and never saw it again.  Again, it was a clear blue sky and just this one small cloud. We both thought it was very strange an told everyone else on the trip with us and they couldn't think of what it would be either (one of them being a pilot).

The second time was actually a few weeks ago. My friend and I were starting at the stars, trying to find certain constellations, when we noticed a moving light, that we thought was a satelite, till he started moving at odd angles and going from very fast, to very slow. After about 2 minutes of erratic movement, it just disappeard. '

Again, I'm just saying I saw some unknown flying objects in the sky, thats all. (Ha, on a sidenote, I think it't hilarious people claim to be "UFO Experts"... what does that even mean? How can you be an expert in the unknown?)

Also Hondy, You say no one has seen them, but  theres a plethora of sightings from reputable sources. Even I know a lot of sightings are fake, people making up stories for their 15 mins of fame, but it's not hard to weed out the fakes from the one that could be true. I'm much more likely to trust a police officer saying he "saw something strange" rather than some random southern redneck saying he got abducted and anal probed, ha.

And why would governments hide it? Who knows. A bunch of reasons I'm sure. "National security" has be thrown out, as well as preventing mass panic. I'm sure there would be mass panic too, to an extent. I know it's a cliche phrase, but its a true one... A person is a smart, reasoning being, but people, people are a panicy easily frightened mob.

/my $00.02

• Odysseus
  • YSBT's Talking Donkey
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 04:25:43 PM »
i think some of the people that "really" saw them might have seen somkething else and wanted to believe they saw one soo much that they did... brain works in funny ways

and maybe the government is testing new technology and havin a little fun with the public lol
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Odysseus »

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 05:40:19 PM »
Quote from: "Odysseus"
i think some of the people that "really" saw them might have seen somkething else and wanted to believe they saw one soo much that they did... brain works in funny ways

and maybe the government is testing new technology and havin a little fun with the public lol

Ha, yeah.

Like how humans subconciously put human faces on image and such. Like when someone see's a funny shape in tree bark and says it looks like a face.

• Talia
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Champion
  • Talia.7412
    • The Charter Vanguard
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 09:11:09 PM »
Quote from: "Atom Action!"
Like when someone see's a funny shape in tree bark and says it looks like a face.

The malays say that pontianaks (female vampires) are born out of banana trees 'cos at a certain stage, the banana fruit looks like a bloody womb (or something to that nature).Click here to read more about the South East Asian banshees
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Talia »

• keksilang
  • Vanguard
  • Talia's Back-Rubber
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 07:06:34 AM »
I thought they were the result of death during childbirth. At least that's what i've come to hear. Locals say if a malay woman were to succumb to death during childbirth, her spirit would return as a spiteful spirit (No, not [spiteful spirit]).

Her spirit would also be drawn to banana trees' as their new dwelling. In related notes, if one were to tie a red string on a banana tree, it would bind the said vampire/banshee/pontianak to your bidding. This is where it gets blurry... You can never take off the red string lest you suffer her wrath because its supposedly to hurt like hell for them (no puns intended). Another is once the vampire is summoned, and you somehow managed to drive an iron nail to the back of her skull, she turns into the most desireable woman, fully human. One can take her as a bride and will continue to live out her lives as a normal human being. Provided of course the nail remains in there. If you pull it out, she will return to her former self, and that dude is screwed. (again, no puns intended)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by keksilang »

[size=8]When I say 'Control', I meant the key marked 'C-t-r-l' on your keyboard. Bet you didn't think that Mysticism could be so technical now, did you?[/size] :wink:

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 11:41:39 AM »
Ha. Well if I ever see a girl with a  nail in the back of her head, I'll be sure not to pull it out.

Or maybe I will just for the heck of it. :P

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 09:40:40 PM »
I only remember tied the red string to banana string and a beautiful woman will come to you. Didn't know there are so many details in between :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Sword Cruise »