Click here to join the Charter Vanguard

Author Topic: Hallo~  (Read 869 times)

• Lanthun
  • Inactive Member
  • Newbie!
  • "But I saw your face in the dream!"
Hallo~
« on: January 24, 2018, 11:37:50 PM »
Hallo everyone! I am new to the community; I was persuaded by the forum post+guildex, and said I have to give this guild a go! I look forward to meeting everyone for the times I am online! ^^

...But lets get down to business, shall we?

1) * Display Name.id (GW2 unique identifier): I am Lanthun.7251 in-game.

2) Nickname (how you'd like to be referred to as): You may call me Lanthun, Lan, Devil, Dev... Whatever suits you and makes it easier for you (all of my characters in game being with Devils followed by something else; you will, normally, see me playing on my main, Devils Remorse).

3) Age, Profession, Country etc (anything else you'd like to let us know): I am 18, going on 19 on Feb. 13. I am, currently, in college in effort to become a History Teacher (7-12; shout out if any other teachers here! Would love to chat about some methods maybe :p). I live in the United States, Ohio to be more specific (I do not recommend visiting here... it's not fun nor great). Since this is the place to let you guys know more about stuff, my in-game time is super sporadic right now (with school; I hope this is okay)! I am a shy guy at first, but after I settle in, you will find me to be your neighborly sarcastic man walking down the street. 8) I like forums, too... I think they're fun, sometimes... I'll make it a habit to visit every chance I get!!!

I am here just looking around really right now to see if I sincerely fit in!

I, also, enjoy watching (and re-watching... I have a problem) Grey's Anatomy, but I am not on season 14 (as netflix has yet to update with it) so I am almost caught up (again)! I, also, enjoy playing Mario Kart with my 4-5 year old niece (I play for her, and hand her a Wii remote; she thinks she is playing... I'll have to share that video, it's funny... but oh boy, does she get mad at Smash Bros :o ). If anything else picks your mind, don't be shy to ask!

4) History with Guild Wars: Okay, so I'll include a long story and a short one (just for the slackers out there ;) ...)

LONG STORY: It all began in 2013; I used to play on another account that I had. It was November 2013, and I was in search for a new game to play. I was, at the time, playing another game with other friends called Free Realms (if anyone knows that game). I was recommended and encouraged to come check it out, and so I did. I, actually, began on Henge of Denravi as my home server with the group of friends; they showed me around the world, they showed me some exploration, all the fun stuff! ... Until a month later, they all vanished, and I was alone... in the cold... at night... Anyways, I then stopped player for a little while, and I don't think I picked back up the game until the launch of EotM (at least a month later... after megaservers, I know that much). I came back and played around by myself for a little while. I was in/out of guilds at the time, tried around and nothing suited what I was really wanting. Leaving out all the juicy stuff, later that year, in November, I then decided to make my own guild, Wizened Wizards [WISE]. The guild was a big success, and a huge accomplishment... until my old account got suspended a year later. (To explain further, I had a really bad feeling one weekend when I was not online; I logged on, nothing was wrong. So, at the time, I told my mother then "check your [bank] account," and wasn't I right: someone was so nice to drop onto my account a $700 charge. So, of course, we requested the money back, and in return the account was suspended permanently.) After that, I then dropped GW2 entirely for 2 years after that, with only occasionally logging on. I had bought this account when GW2 was on sale for $10, so it was a nice bonus to have at the time. But, I did not return back to the game until May/June 2017. Once I came back, I already had an idea on what to do, how to semi-play, and jumped right back in the fray. My first guild ties were diminished, so I passed leadership/ownership to the current leader while I was away, and started another guild. The guild lasted until recently, as it had to come down to a disband (I won't go into much here, since it's still a sensitive subject to touch base).

SHORT STORY (TL;DR): Started in 2013, made a guild and led it for a year; account got suspended due to a really mean person (other words I'd like to use) charging $700 on the old account, had this account from a weekend sale, did not play for awhile, came back in May/June 2017, ran a guild that recently disbanded, and here I am.

5) Favorite past time in GW2: I love playing fashion wars, like chatting around with guild members if any are on, and the occasional fractals here and there (was doing them everyday, burnt out after awhile).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:20:45 PM by Lanthun »
Lanthun.7251
Devils Remorse - Scourge
MP 259
I'll add a fun signature here later.

• Mokuren
  • Officers
  • Ember's Lab Rat
Re: Hallo~
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 02:37:38 AM »
whooooo fashion wars and a love for history \o/ I like you already. Well, I guess you haven't mentioned the second, but I'm assuming it since you have to have something with history if you want to teach it right ^^

Welcome to CV! I'll be inviting you to the guild now :) Once you've joined us we'll promote you to vanguard since you're on the forum. You're also more than welcome to join us on discord for a chat. You'll find the link for that in the guildmessage ingame. Bunch of us are generally hanging out there for a chat and we've got this fashion wars channel going on :3

• Lanthun
  • Inactive Member
  • Newbie!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 10:31:10 AM »
whooooo fashion wars and a love for history \o/ I like you already. Well, I guess you haven't mentioned the second, but I'm assuming it since you have to have something with history if you want to teach it right ^^

Welcome to CV! I'll be inviting you to the guild now :) Once you've joined us we'll promote you to vanguard since you're on the forum. You're also more than welcome to join us on discord for a chat. You'll find the link for that in the guildmessage ingame. Bunch of us are generally hanging out there for a chat and we've got this fashion wars channel going on :3

Well... as for history... I love it to an extent. I, actually, started out in AYA (7-12) Math, so I changed courses from my comfort zone to a not-so comfort. I am fascinated (at least from high school) from government the most, but I am interested in diving more into that and Economics, and possible American History.

And great! Thanks for the invite! I will hop right onto that this morning, get all of my characters rep'd, and will join the Discord (have it on my phone as well, so it's like I'm never gone  8) ). Look forward to meeting everyone. :D
Lanthun.7251
Devils Remorse - Scourge
MP 259

• Moa Lith
  • Officers
  • YSBT's White Stallion
  • I'm a flightless bird / Moa Lith.8140
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »
Welcome :)

• Lanthun
  • Inactive Member
  • Newbie!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 04:52:43 PM »
Lanthun.7251
Devils Remorse - Scourge
MP 259

• Talia
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Champion
  • Talia.7412
    • The Charter Vanguard
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 10:35:07 PM »
3) Age, Profession, Country etc (anything else you'd like to let us know): I am 18, going on 19 on Feb. 13. I am, currently, in college in effort to become a History Teacher (7-12; shout out if any other teachers here! Would love to chat about some methods maybe :p). I live in the United States, Ohio to be more specific (I do not recommend visiting here... it's not fun nor great). Since this is the place to let you guys know more about stuff, my in-game time is super sporadic right now (with school; I hope this is okay)! I am a shy guy at first, but after I settle in, you will find me to be your neighborly sarcastic man walking down the street. 8) I like forums, too... I think they're fun, sometimes... I'll make it a habit to visit every chance I get!!!

I think it's just fantastic than an under 20er loves visiting forums! In my day, forums were a huge thing, but I'm sure you've noticed it's declined usage. I'm starting to think millennials must not like forums, but the fact that you do gives me hope :P

LONG STORY: It all began in 2013; I used to play on another account that I had. It was November 2013, and I was in search for a new game to play. I was, at the time, playing another game with other friends called Free Realms (if anyone knows that game). I was recommended and encouraged to come check it out, and so I did. I, actually, began on Henge of Denravi as my home server with the group of friends; they showed me around the world, they showed me some exploration, all the fun stuff! ... Until a month later, they all vanished, and I was alone... in the cold... at night... Anyways, I then stopped player for a little while, and I don't think I picked back up the game until the launch of EotM (at least a month later... after megaservers, I know that much). I came back and played around by myself for a little while. I was in/out of guilds at the time, tried around and nothing suited what I was really wanting. Leaving out all the juicy stuff, later that year, in November, I then decided to make my own guild, Wizened Wizards [WISE]. The guild was a big success, and a huge accomplishment... until my old account got suspended a year later. (To explain further, I had a really bad feeling one weekend when I was not online; I logged on, nothing was wrong. So, at the time, I told my mother then "check your [bank] account," and wasn't I right: someone was so nice to drop onto my account a $700 charge. So, of course, we requested the money back, and in return the account was suspended permanently.) After that, I then dropped GW2 entirely for 2 years after that, with only occasionally logging on. I had bought this account when GW2 was on sale for $10, so it was a nice bonus to have at the time. But, I did not return back to the game until May/June 2017. Once I came back, I already had an idea on what to do, how to semi-play, and jumped right back in the fray. My first guild ties were diminished, so I passed leadership/ownership to the current leader while I was away, and started another guild. The guild lasted until recently, as it had to come down to a disband (I won't go into much here, since it's still a sensitive subject to touch base).

I read the long version :P I'm quite certain I'm familiar with the [WISE] guild, we've been on HoD since the betas, so there's certainly some interaction between your guildies and mine. I might even have met you before - do you remember an Andrea B in wvw? Sorry to hear of what happened to you, and also the guild. We are, however, very honored to have you come and join our family. Hope you'll have a good time with us. If there're any questions, feel free to ask here, on discord, or ingame.

ps I've promoted Lanthun seeing as he's accepted the invite

• Lanthun
  • Inactive Member
  • Newbie!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 11:17:21 PM »

I think it's just fantastic than an under 20er loves visiting forums! In my day, forums were a huge thing, but I'm sure you've noticed it's declined usage. I'm starting to think millennials must not like forums, but the fact that you do gives me hope :P

I have a history with my very first game, Free Realms, and a guild there was called Mystic Mayhem. In order to be apart of their guild, you had to join the forums, and be active through posting there, while in-game... This was 8-6 years ago as well? Loved them ever since, but it's refreshing to have sometimes. I actually really debated utilizing one my old guild(s), but the invention of Discord really made it seem not worth getting in this current age. But it's nice to have! I'll use it to my advantage.

I read the long version :P I'm quite certain I'm familiar with the [WISE] guild, we've been on HoD since the betas, so there's certainly some interaction between your guildies and mine. I might even have met you before - do you remember an Andrea B in wvw? Sorry to hear of what happened to you, and also the guild. We are, however, very honored to have you come and join our family. Hope you'll have a good time with us. If there're any questions, feel free to ask here, on discord, or ingame.

The name sounds super familiar, but I cannot recall; it's been a loooooooong time since I was on HoD. WISE was, however, not formed on HoD; we, actually, formed on NSP, if I remember right... though I don't... it's been so long. Maybe we formed on HoD? We never focused on WvW like I wanted too, so because of megaservers, it became... iffy? Yeah, WISE is still around (I think), though a long time officer (and friend) keeps me updated on it to see how it's going (I appreciate her for that).

I will definitely ask if anything arises! I want to give any guild I join a super fair shot, so I have a lot of observing to do.  8) Thanks for accepting!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 11:21:12 PM by Lanthun »
Lanthun.7251
Devils Remorse - Scourge
MP 259

• Talia
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Champion
  • Talia.7412
    • The Charter Vanguard
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 01:37:05 AM »
WISE was, however, not formed on HoD; we, actually, formed on NSP, if I remember right... though I don't... it's been so long. Maybe we formed on HoD? We never focused on WvW like I wanted too, so because of megaservers, it became... iffy? Yeah, WISE is still around (I think), though a long time officer (and friend) keeps me updated on it to see how it's going (I appreciate her for that).

I will definitely ask if anything arises! I want to give any guild I join a super fair shot, so I have a lot of observing to do.  8) Thanks for accepting!

Yeah as I recall, WISE was not part of the founding guilds, you guys must have come in later. If need be, hold on to WISE on another guild slot. We don't demand 100% repping in CV. It's completely understandable if you want to go back every now and then for old times.

• Lanthun
  • Inactive Member
  • Newbie!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 11:48:17 AM »

Yeah as I recall, WISE was not part of the founding guilds, you guys must have come in later. If need be, hold on to WISE on another guild slot. We don't demand 100% repping in CV. It's completely understandable if you want to go back every now and then for old times.

Oh it's been off my list since my official return in June '17... they weren't so happy to see me come back to playing the game, let's put it that way (long story for another day)! But thanks still! I may be observing another guild right now, too, just to see where I fit the best!
Lanthun.7251
Devils Remorse - Scourge
MP 259

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 08:13:19 AM »
Welcome to CV!