Welcome guest, please

Login with username, password and session length

News and Newsletter:

Click here to join the Charter Vanguard

Author Topic: National Day Rally suspended as PM Lee has taken ill  (Read 1109 times)

• Talia
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Champion
  • Talia.7412
    • The Charter Vanguard
National Day Rally suspended as PM Lee has taken ill
« on: August 21, 2016, 10:56:50 AM »
Never thought I'd say this about PM Lee, but I feel that this is what a true leader looks like - working hard in spite of taking ill. Not that he needed to, but that he wanted to. Speaks volumes about his dedication to the country.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/national-day-rally-suspended-as-pm-lee-has-taken-134652894.html

The National Day Rally has been temporarily suspended on Sunday (21 August) after Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong took ill. According to the Prime Minister’s Office, the medical team has assessed that his condition is not serious.

Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam said in an interview with Channel NewsAsia that the doctors have assessed that Lee is fine.

Tharman said that the prime minister was resting and would like to finish his speech.

“I’m happy to say he is in good shape and I wouldn’t worry too much. This is a little blip,” said the DPM.

Moments before the feed was cut off, Lee had begun slurring his words and had stumbled.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 11:54:16 AM by Talia »

Re: National Day Rally suspended as PM Lee has taken ill
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 11:32:47 AM »
The scary thing is, we don't have a clear PM in waiting.