Welcome guest, please

Login with username, password and session length

News and Newsletter:

Click here to join the Charter Vanguard

Author Topic: Backstories of Kovenito's Band of Heroes  (Read 2185 times)

• Kovenito
  • PvE Explorer
  • Inactive Member
  • Slacker's Captain
Backstories of Kovenito's Band of Heroes
« on: June 01, 2014, 06:14:22 AM »
Hey everyone! I am creating a thread for backstories of my characters. Not sure how many backstories or 'episodes' I may end up creating, but I at least wanted to put out Kovenito the Ranger's backstory for this week's upcoming RP event.

(And on a side note, Kovenito's backstory has inspired me. The upcoming member of my band of heroes will be Kovenito's warrior sister!)
Rem Galad (Mesmer) Valborg Tinglith (Guardian)
Ukan Shandur (Thief) Kovenito (Ranger)
Taen Ferventsalvo (Engineer) Tyra Villieldr (Elementalist) Ilterendiel (Warrior)

• Kovenito
  • PvE Explorer
  • Inactive Member
  • Slacker's Captain
Re: Backstories of Kovenito's Band of Heroes
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 06:14:56 AM »

Kovenito’s Backstory

Our family legacy always was a source of pride for me, but my sister, Ilterendiel, took it one step further and almost got herself killed. How could you not be stirred by the knowledge that your Elonian ancestor, Arc Zeiswielder, helped create a god and enthrone a queen before settling down with an herbalist maiden he had rescued in Bettletun during the war? Though I saw it as a nice bit of family lore, she saw it as an inspiration to try to change the world and create a new legacy of her own.

We grew up in the Queen’s Forest outside Beetletun, where our family has lived for generations.  Apparently, each of our predecessors decided to live off the land in the vein of that herbalist maiden rather than seeking out heroics like Arc had. I too loved learning the way of ranging and living off the land, even taming my first animal at the age of 12. My sister, on the other hand, joined the Seraphs as soon as she was of age with the hopes of becoming a hero. Her strength and determination impressed me even if I didn’t share in her passion.

Then the afternoon arrived when we were informed that my sister’s entire company had been destroyed. Disbelief, anger, frustration; these emotions rushed through my being and I gained new determination of my own. I began to actively train in combat techniques to honor my sister’s own passionate life. Yet I would not make the same mistakes she made; rather than being brash, I would shrewdly step out into the wider world.

I began to visit Divinity Reach regularly for news from the region. If any stories piqued my interest, I would travel to those distant locales. Along the way, I continued to hone my abilities and pick up new skills from seasoned travellers. And wherever I went, I saw oppression and injustice. Realizing I had the power to help, I began to waylay those savages who live on brutality.

But Fate weaves a twisted thread; on one of my visits to Divinity Reach, I got caught up in a conspiracy and fought side-by-side with Captain Logan Thackeray. Afterward, he informed me about new intelligence regarding my sister’s company. Several members of the company had been taken prisoner, rather than being killed. My sister, alive! And I, whose life had been changed by her absence, was the one to rescue her. After freeing her, I took her back to our family home where she began the long road to recovery.

Fate didn’t stop there; I discovered that the ancient Order of Whispers that my ancestor had joined centuries ago still operates today in Tyria. Knowing that they operate according to the same astute methods I value, I felt compelled to seek them out and join their ranks. Becoming a member of the Order has given me the opportunity to defend the far reaches of Tyria; influencing the course of events without leaving a trace. Now I, Kovenito, a man who only had dreams of a simple life have followed in Arc’s footsteps and created my own legacy. This could never have happened without my sister’s bold vision.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:27:29 AM by Kovenito »
Taen Ferventsalvo (Engineer) Tyra Villieldr (Elementalist) Ilterendiel (Warrior)

• drdollars
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 09:12:14 PM »
 :o i'd always thought Kovenito was the mesmer character. would be really awesome with pictures  ;D

• Missy
  • Vanguard
  • Ember's Microscope
  • "Mamma Charr"
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 10:55:05 PM »
:o i'd always thought Kovenito was the mesmer character. would be really awesome with pictures  ;D

The mesmer character is his sylvari, which is named Rem Galad. Kind of hard to confuse the two there, as one's green and the other's not.   ;D
Auren Firestalker, charr thief; Rin Kaelestria, human warrior; Rivera Morninglory, sylvari mesmer; Klixxel, asura elementalist; Aquilae Silvershot, charr ranger; Rian Duskborn, sylvari necromancer; Praetor Steeledge, charr guardian; Seirja, asura engineer

• Kovenito
  • PvE Explorer
  • Inactive Member
  • Slacker's Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 01:51:36 AM »
My user/forum name is Kovenito, but I also have a ranger named Kovenito. Rem Galad is my PvE main, a sylvari mesmer.

• Kovenito
  • PvE Explorer
  • Inactive Member
  • Slacker's Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 01:52:17 AM »

Ilterendiel on the day she signed up with the Seraphs.

• Kovenito
  • PvE Explorer
  • Inactive Member
  • Slacker's Captain
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 01:55:10 AM »

Brother and sister; Kovenito and Ilterendiel.

And their ancestor Arc Zeiswielder.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 04:38:55 AM by Kovenito »

• VeniaTulip
  • Vanguard
  • Ember's Caged Chimp
  • Simin's New Garden Gnome
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 05:13:33 PM »
Looks like your having a ton of fun with this Kov. I'm very excited to see how our first session goes. XD